Thursday, March 26, 2009

French Toast Is Vegan




So. I have made two vegan things to consume, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cupcakes, with cinnamony cream cheese frosting, and French Toast.

And Yes, they are both delectable.
* is where I have made changes.
I am posting the two recipes, so you can make them and enjoy all the time!

French Toast (actually from the Peta2 website, but in case you haven't seen it):

Vegan French Toast

  • 3 Tbsp. flour
  • 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • * Dash of cinnamon ( I actually put a whole shit load in here but that's just me)
  • Bread slices (preferably thick so it doesn't fall apart after)
  • As much powdered sugar as you like

Mix the flour, soy milk, sugar, and cinnamon to form a batter. Dip the bread in the batter and fry in a lightly greased pan until golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and pour on the syrup.

-There is actually a newer one on their site that I have yet to make, but I will make it and let you know how it is.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes (from the book "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World)

  • 1 cup of canned pumpkin
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup soy milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • * 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (once again because I am clearly insane I put more cinnamon in, I like it more)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 F
Stir together pumpkin, oil, sugar, soy milk, and vanilla.
Sift in flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt
Stir together using a large fork, using a whisk will make the batter gummy.
Once combined, fold into the chocolate chips.

Fill Cupcake liners 2/3's full, place on center rack and bake for 22-24 minutes.
Transfer to wire rack and let cool fully before icing.

- Now here is what I did different. I just got Pillsbury cream cheese frostin (which is also vegan) and mixed some amount (sorry i just kind of threw it in there) of cinnamon into it with a fork in a separate bowl. This also helped whip it a little to make spreading easier.

Spread on cupcakes, put more cinnamon on top, or more chocolate chips if you like. Hell go nuts.


Enjoy my vegan friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment